History

The present Mangorei School site was purchased in 1924 and the new Mangorei Consolidated School officially opened on February 2, 1926, with a roll of 47 pupils. The school was built as an means of consolidating a number of small schools in the surrounding area. The closure of the Upper Mangorei School in 1938 and Korito School in 1939 contributed to steady roll growth and by the 1950’s the roll had increased to around 150 students.

Property development included a swimming pool being built in 1950, an increase in the size of the school grounds in 1969, the addition of a library and administration block in 1974 and the school hall in 1996.

History

Governance

Staff

Ngahere Reserve

Charter / ERO Report